Tuesday, June 15, 2010

he was an artist. she was his muse.

Spent the day home again; school is becoming a far off distant memory at the moment, my head is filled with nothing but the frivolous luxuries you can find in shop windows. Have been flicking through some of my old shop magazines and am inspired once again by the greek islands and all their whitewashed loveliness. Sadly until i land the job of my dreams and am receiving abit more money so that i can fuel my cash-spending urges, then i'm afraid the closest i will actually get to the blissfully romantic islands are the cebo pictures on my living room wall. I went for a walk around 12 to the chinese newsagent a few blocks down, i arranged myself rather awkwardly on the floor and read Rush magazine for about 20 mins. I could have sat there for ages but i was avoiding the withering glare of the chinese man who owned the place, i guess he figured i wasn't going to actually buy the magazine. He rather unpolitely asked me to leave after a while as he was 'closing up'. Considering that it was roughly 12.30 and the newsagent shuts at five i think he was trying to tell me something. Anyway, during my short stint in Rush heaven i was thrilled to glaze over at the Bunny aint no kind of rider editorial which i had only seen on video before, so i was basically hyperventilating right there in the store. The Josh Goot, Rodarte and Willow dresses that Brazilian Ieva Laguna casually drapes around her goddess body weave such an enchanting spell throughout the entire editorial. The storyline follows an artist/muse relationship where Tony Ward (who also feautures in the ed) is spellbound by this glorious creature who is literally dripping with rainbow coloured paint as she floats around the garden. Post being thrown out the newsagent i text my brother asking him to pick me up a copy on the way home so that i can stare at the pictures for the rest of my life.
Thinking about the silent dreamy scenes between Tony and Ieva started me thinking about how i've been really inspired by alot of the more mysterious icons recently, Greta Garbo, Edie Sedwick and Twiggy etc, i wonder how it would be to be able to interview them now if they were still around. What with the iconic eye make-up, the everpresent air of mystery and their seeming fixation with death and times other than the present, it's all so intriguing to me. Amid my whiteboard marker salad recipes i have scrawled all over my mirror, i have tacked several pictures of twiggy and edie, who after all are very inspiring when it comes to make-up and such things, but each morning when i do my liquid eyeliner, i can't help but to think of their lives and what they thought when they did their make-up in the morning also. oh well, i'm just seventeen and mad. Au revoir.

Untitled from Russh on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Ieva and Tony editorial, so beautiful.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I love yours!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Followers